Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Feeling Belief, Typing Its Meaning, and Sharing It With The World: The Religion Of Obscure Collaboration

...by Ricky & Me

I believe in thunderstorms in the morning.
I believe an outfit can change your fate.
I believe in the moment when a plane takes off and you realize you’re off the runway. Flying.
I believe a tuna fish sandwich can cure most wounds.
I believe in the way old books smell.
I believe that the possibility for infinity lies within the dusk.
I believe in hiding behind my sunglasses, even when the sun is almost set.
I believe time can stand still for roughly 3 minutes and 12 seconds at a time.
I believe in saving worn out sneakers in case I need a bedtime story.
I believe in keys, that everyone holds a story and a secret.
I believe in the street I grew up on.
I believe in Indian summers.
I believe in Mrs. Kordowski, my sixth grade teacher. She told me she once saw God and I’ve been questioning ever since.
I believe in choice of font.
I believe in coffee and its conversations.
I believe in Stick Stickly and that popsicle sticks can and will talk under the right circumstances.
I believe in safety pins.
I believe that hope is the foundation of humanity, and that love is its realization.
I believe in words.
I believe in Nate Cyphert in a vocal booth.
I believe in a moment; in the whispers leading up to it and the morning afters that still your soul.
I believe in embrace; that there’s no safer feeling, no sturdier guard, than between a friend’s arms.

We believe in obscure things and the random evidence that proves them to be true.
What do you believe?

No comments:

Post a Comment