Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Much Ado About Nothing

I've been battling with Shakespeare for the better portion of this week. I'm actually one of those people who enjoys Shakespeare - to an extent. Much different than your leisurely read, it requires a certain amount of effort; an 'Old English' translator, a loose grasp of Elizabethan culture, and of course lots of time to spare. Up till now, class consisted of reading on my down time (sparknotes nearby), and discussion come class time. But a schedule as simple as that would never qualify as true coursework. Because a "course" assumes a measured degree of learning, aka grades. So now there's this paper. And despite all the discussions I've had and opinions I've generated, I can't find a place to start. Introductions can be the hardest part to write, but when done well, can be the best part. I have faith I'll get my thoughts into some logical configuration, but till then I think I'll procrastinate some more. Wish me luck I suppose.

Pierce made me a hemp bracelet today. Does this mean love? I think so.

Caught up in the swing,

Tim

1 comment:

  1. I write intros last. Otherwise they limit the mind and stifle the creative process.

    ReplyDelete