Thursday, January 22, 2009

The college binge.

College is a great deal, literally.  Last night I participated in the weekly "mug night."  For anyone oblivious to the drink deals of a desolate college town, this is a perfect example.  I purchased my actual mug 5 months ago for $7.  From that moment on, you can have the sucker refilled for $1.  That's right, $1...for a beer.  Binge drinking isn't even an option in this scenario, it's inevitable.  I guess that's college for you though, at least in Poughkeepsie.  It's all those things that would be deemed socially unacceptable at any other age.  There's lots of those instances I've been noticing, many not involving alcohol at all, like squishing 8 people into a 4-door sedan.  You just don't see a lot of forty year olds willing to let that happen I guess.  

Today I had 4 classes in a row.  It dragged on for a while there, but I kept trying to remember high school.  It was essentially the same deal, six hours of consistent education, but this time I had tons of perks.  I could eat hard boiled eggs in the middle of class, I didn't have to begin my day till 12:30, social circles weren't nearly as clicky, and let's face it, I'm a lot thinner now (which doesn't have too much to do with this, but always comes up when reminiscing of those chubby days).  I got through it.

I ended the day inducing my mind with useless information.  Also known as Trivia Night at the Hyde Park Brewery.  The questions were tough; we didn't do so well.  We had a great time though, which is usually the case.  You regulars know that I love a good game night. 

That's all I really have for now.  I'm tired.  I have work in the morning (the kind of work that takes a two hour + commute).  So I should probably give these fingers and eyes some rest.  I'll be more creative tomorrow - promise.  I'll be interning, which means lots of mind wandering and inappropriate thoughts throughout my down time.  

1 comment: