Monday, January 26, 2009

Recommendations

I wasn't too sure where to begin summarizing my life as of the past few days, so I figured I'd just express whatever highlights came to mind at this exact moment.

I saw Slumdog Millionaire Saturday. It was fantastic. I know you don't come to my blog to read movie reviews, but this one really is worth seeing, mostly because of how well the movie identifies the people and life of India's urban social climate. It blew me away. We know the world has it's crevices and armpits that we wish didn't exist, but as much as we avoid dwelling on those circumstances, there are times when they find us, and affect us, in even the most entertaining of settings. This was one of those times. And I truly reccomend seeing it.


As a drastic change of topic, I made trail mix yesterday! I've been meaning to make my own batch ever since Pierce started mentoring me in the art a few months ago. And since I've had so much positive feedback, I figured I'd share the recipe:

1/2 pouch of pretzel Goldfish
1/2 pouch of cheddar Goldfish
1 Standard size bag of Craisins
1-2 cups of Reeses Pieces

Enjoy.

3 comments: