Saturday, January 17, 2009

Me Two.

I don't have much time on my hands tonight. I moved back Marist today, and sort of let "catching up" absorb me. But as usual I wanted to leave you with something. So here's another video:

I don't have the most common name in the world. Tim McGeever. It's easy to remember I guess, although my last name does get it's fair share a butchering, including one too many McGyver references. But it's always been unique to me. Until now. I know people have same names out there. And thanks to google, I knew Tim McGeever existed somewhere else besides New York. Ohio actually. He's an off Broadway actor. And though I knew he existed, I was always able to pretend he was only two words (sometimes a pixelated image). That ended today. I was on Youtube. Before you get too excited, i didn't find footage of the imposter himself. But I found something that I consider equally, if not more realistic.

(You can stop it after like 30 seconds)




When I first heard my name uttered, I couldn't separate myself from this new character. It was so uncomfortable to hear my name in a context that I never knew it to be in. Then I replayed it. And again. And by the third or fourth time, i started believing in him. I think there's a certain truth in a person when they're spoken about. Especially in a good way. For me, hearing this woman say my name...our name....made me want to meet Tim McGeever. And even odder, I felt like I had a right to. Like we owned the name together. I suppose he's developing a good name for us. And though it might taint the originality of my personal sound, I can only take it as a challenge. After all, he is just the understudy, right?

I'm Tim McGeever.
And I hope Tim McGeever feels the same way...

No comments:

Post a Comment